Are you looking for a new challenge, within a friendly and welcoming team?
We are seeking a qualified and experienced full-time security systems engineer. An ideal candidate will have a background in all areas of security, fire and access control, but as a minimum standard for application we require experience installing and maintaining fire or intruder alarms. We install a large range of systems including Texecom, Visonic, Paxton, and Hikvision but a successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn about more specialised and unusual systems including biometrics.
The Company’s core values are honesty, knowledge, reliability, customer focus, and continual personal development for staff.
- Installing and servicing; intruder, fire, access, CCTV, emergency lighting and gate automation systems.
- Being placed on the on call rota for remote and site based assistance out of hours.
- Rectification of faults on site where feasible.
- Carrying out a rolling programme of servicing visits.
- Familiarity with HSE guidelines and the reliability to conduct yourself in a safe and responsible manner on-site.
Essential qualifications and skills:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with intruder alarm or fire alarm systems.
- Full driving licence.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills.
- Well presented.
- English speaking.
- Capable and competent to work with tools and at height.
- Knowledge of basic comms and IP would be beneficial but not essential.
- Being versatile and working well independently as well as with others.
- Adaptability – is responsive and open to changing circumstance.
- Drive for Excellence – aims to deliver a high standard of work.
- Customer Awareness – responsive to the needs of the customer and aims to deliver customer satisfaction.
- Keen “can do” flexible attitude with a conscientious approach to the job.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Enjoyment of problem solving, particularly in fault finding circumstances.
- All tools and equipment are supplied.
- Training is provided where necessary.
- Personal development is encouraged and personal development plans can be implemented.
- 20 paid holidays plus the 8 bank holidays per year.
- As an NSI NACOSS Silver company, all employees will have to be screened to BS7858 as a minimum
Job Type: Permanent. Full-time, Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm with on call opportunities.
Salary: Dependant on experience level.