INTECH FIRE & SECURITY
TERMS & CONDITIONS
All quotations are valid for a period of 30 days. Prices are based on installation during normal working hours.
50% deposit is required for the supply and installation of a system before work commences. Should any alterations or additions to the schedule of protection be required during the course of the installation, Intech Fire & Security will charge these on a pro-rata basis.
The annual Maintenance Service Agreement may be increased by Intech Fire & Security on giving not less than one month’s notice.
The customer must allow access to the premises and equipment during normal working hours for the purposes of installation, inspection and maintenance.
Delivery and Installation
Intech Fire & Security will endeavour to deliver and install the equipment as soon as is possible after receipt of the order confirmation, but accept no liability whatsoever for any claim arising from an unforeseen delay.
Intech Fire & Security reserves the right to make changes in the type of the equipment, or add to, or improvements to the equipment already contracted for.
Where applicable the installation will be deemed to be completed when Intech Fire & Security’s engineer commissions the system for on line use, and issues a completion certificate.
During the period of 12 months from the date of installation Intech Fire & Security undertakes to replace free of charge, both materials and labour, any faulty or defective equipment fitted by them.
This warranty is in effect provided that the customer’s maintenance contract with Intech Fire & Security is valid
The installation is intended to reduce the risks of loss or damage to property and personnel. Intech Fire & Security give no undertakings that the system cannot be compromised or circumvented, or that it will prevent any loss by burglary, theft or otherwise.
Intech Fire & Security accepts the responsibility to ensure that the equipment installed will function to the best of its ability.
Where applicable Intech Fire & Security will carry out maintenance visits once/ twice per year to the security system and test and adjust the same in accordance with the relevant British Standard requirements.
The cost of items replaced during routine maintenance visits outside the warranty period will be charged to the customer.
Intech Fire & Security will use all reasonable endeavours to rectify faults to the system and for the warranty period the customer will not be charged for the cost of labour and materials except where the following occur:
– faults resulting from a break-in or attempted break-in
– mains power failure
– lightning, flooding or Acts of God
– incorrect or misuse by the customer or other party – signalling line fault or damage
– physical damage to equipment
When the warranty period expires any repairs or parts necessary will be advised to the customer, and then charged at prevailing labour, materials and call-out rates.
Under the Maintenance Service Agreement, Intech Fire & Security will provide an emergency 24-hour service in accordance with British Standards.
Call-outs, labour and materials will be charged at Intech Fire & Security’s current rates.
To comply with the Code of Practice on Noise from Intruder Alarms the audible signal will cut- out after a 15 minute period. Customers are advised to consult their insurers as to the accept- ability of this policy.
To further comply with this code, the customer is advised to inform their local Police and the Environmental Health Authority within 48 hours of the system becoming operational.
Intech Fire & Security only use NACOSS recognised Central Monitoring Stations approved to BS5979. All signals received at the Central Monitoring Station will be recorded and actioned according to Fire/Police authority policy and customer requirements
Police receiving an excessive number of false alarm activations on a particular system could result in response being withdrawn. Customers should be aware that this action may affect their insurance cover.
The customer shall:
1) Commercial Customers shall pay within 28 days of receipt of Intech Fire & Security’s invoice for the balance of the initial cost, the annual charge and the BT or other carrier connection charge.
2) Residential Customers shall pay within 7 days of receipt of Intech Fire & Security’s invoice for the balance of the initial cost, the annual charge and the BT or other carrier connection charge.
3) Commercial Customers shall pay within 28 days of receipt of Intech Fire & Security’s invoices for maintenance and other charges, and to pay any other charges incurred.
4) Residential Customers shall pay within 7 days of receipt of Intech Fire & Security’s invoices for maintenance and other charges, and to pay any other charges incurred.
5) Accept that in the event of non-payment of any invoice, all obligations and liabilities of Intech Fire & Security shall cease, and the right is reserved to charge the customer a £20+VAT administration charge plus a late payment charge of 3% per month during which any invoice is overdue.
6) Obtain and pay for all necessary consents for the carrying out of the initial works and transmissions of signals.
7) Use and operate the system with reasonable care to ensure its proper and efficient operation, and shall not adjust, repair or interfere with the system in any way.
8) Notify Intech Fire & Security of any defect or suspected defect with the system
9) Notify Intech Fire & Security of any communication from the police or other authorities
giving a warning that emergency response may be modified or withdrawn.
10) Nominate two key holders who are able to attend the premises within the response time
laid down by the local police authority.
11) Indemnify Intech Fire & Security against all losses and claims for any injuries or damages to any person or property whatsoever which may arise as a result of any negligence, breach of duty or other wrongful act or omission of the customer.
12) Notify Intech Fire & Security of any proposed change of ownership, tenancy or occupation of the premises.
13) Notify Intech Fire & Security of a cancellation of appointment for installation or maintenance visit before 14:30 the day prior to the appointment, should this be a pre 12:00 appointment. Failing this, a standard call out charge will be payable.
14) Notify Intech Fire & Security of a cancellation of appointment for installation or maintenance visit before 10:00 on the day of the appointment, should this be a post 12:00 appointment. Failing this, a standard call out charge will be payable.
15) Accept that in the event of non-payment of any invoice, Intech Fire & Security Ltd may pass any outstanding debt to a debt collection, financial fraud investigation agency or similar with a view to recovering the debt, fees incurred and interest on the debt. The interest charged on any debt of this nature will be in line with the specific agency’s guidelines and may be subject to change.
Title to the equipment
Title to the equipment shall only pass to the customer upon full payment for the system and its installation.
Intech Fire & Security’s liabilities
Intech Fire & Security’s liabilities for claims arising out of, or in connection with, the performance of the installed equipment shall in no circumstances exceed twenty times the amount of the annual charge.
Intech Fire & Security shall have no liability in respect of claims for indirect or consequential loss arising out of its negligence, breach of contract, or other act or omission.
Intech Fire & Security shall accept no liability (unless caused directly by its failure) resulting from withdrawal or modification of emergency response, or from non receipt of a signal transmitted to the central station, or beyond its reasonable control and not attributable to its negligence.
The above references to the negligence of Intech Fire & Security shall be construed in accordance with section 1 of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
Termination for breach of agreement
If the customer shall commit any breach of this agreement or any payment owing to Intech Fire & Security is in arrears, Intech Fire & Security may, at its discretion, terminate any outstanding contract with the customer and remove equipment owned by Intech Fire & Security.
No terms, representations, additions, or variations other than those embodied in this agreement shall be binding upon Intech Fire & Security unless accepted by Intech Fire & Security in writing. Any terms or conditions contained in a customer’s order shall only be binding upon Intech Fire & Security in so far as they are not inconsistent with these conditions. The agreement shall be construed in accordance with the Laws of England.
Intech Fire & Security reserves the right to use sub-contract labour. Such labour will satisfy NACOSS NACP3 definition of Class C personnel.